animation attempt animation attempt

That was a really good beginning! I was surprised at the high quality this little flash showed! Your drawing skills are good, you are good at using the music to your advantage and the scene was funny. Until it just ended abruptly.
It seems like you had a great start and put a lot of work into it, but then got tired and gave up.
DON'T GIVE UP! You have talent! Plan your work in advance. It doesn't have to be long. You just have to decide what you want your movie to contain and then keep working until you have included all of it.
I suggest reading whatever feedback you get here, discard anything that isn't constructive, then take this flash down and work until it's finished. You can do it! Ganbare! ;)

JellyJubJubs responds:

high quality? with the inconsistent art style o_o bah xD

that's actually true, when things got really tedious and my pc started going ape loo I just started getting the urges to give up.

how could i not read the reviews?? I have to xD if I want to improve, reading reviews is a must!

Micmadness Micmadness

Sweet!

Animation, lighting and other effects look stunning. Loved it!
PS. Some of the effects looked like the dust effects from Street Fighter III, I wonder if you were inspired by those. :P

Madness Exasperation Madness Exasperation

Nice

A nice little fighting short. The animation looked pretty decent.
Also I liked the music.
The ending was kinda funny, though it ended a bit suddenly.

Peterpeterpet responds:

Thank you for the constructive review

Build and Defense Build and Defense

Not too bad.
I like how you made something different from most similar games, with the combining of materials to produce defenses.
The user interface doesn't feel all too intuitive at first. I feel like you could have taught the player one thing at a time, starting with constantly producing the first three basic materials. Then teaching them to use the shop, etc. On my first play, I didn't realize I could produce basic materials, so I didn't get very far, and didn't really understand what I was supposed to do.
The materials and combinations could have been a bit more imaginative, but that is something you can possibly improve on in future games.
I also think it feels a bit unfair how everything is easy for a long time, and then suddenly a hoard of enemies appear and rush you. The difficulty could increase gradually. It's good to have bigger groups appear sometimes, but the way it is they kind of catch you by a surprise game over. I would have played longer, if I hadn't gotten a game over so suddenly...
The graphics look okay, I'm glad you drew the units as animals with detail.
Overall, this game has the feel that it's well made, but still lacking in many ways and it doesn't entertain you for very long.

Great Basement Escape Great Basement Escape

Hey, this was a pretty nifty escape game!
The visual design has a personal touch, you had a stylish color scheme and the art was quirky. Together with the music, it set a pretty laid back mood for the game. Good job!
I really liked the difficulty in this game. You had made clickable objects stand out from the scene. I didn't feel like I had to guess what I could collect. The mouse changed appearance on hovering over anything that could be interacted with, which also was helpful. I find it really annoying when a point and click game has you click around like a maniac, just to discover some impossible-to-find spot to click on! The end puzzle was tough enough to require a bit of thinking before getting it right, but it wasn't too hard.

I think the game could have used a few more puzzles. It seemed more like there were two steps: first you gather items in the basement, then use them to solve the puzzle. However, for a quick little game, that's not really a bad thing.
Overall, this was a positive, although light, experience. It didn't have much depth to it, but I don't think it was intended to either. Of course adding a storyline or dialogue would have given it more depth, but it would also have required more work.
I saw you had made other escape games too. If they continue into and from each other, that would be a really cool concept. :)
Keep up the good work. God bless you!

Melee Man Melee Man

Hmm

Well, the graphics and music are nice. The music is catchy and the graphics are old school and cute. The controls are also pretty tight.
The very first level where the key was hiding was too annoying for me to enjoy the game any longer. You can go through the level, then realize you missed an enemy, kill that enemy, go through the level again looking for the key. Sorry, but it's a very cheap way to increase the game-time.
You have a lot of good things in here. It's too generic though, and it's too repetitive.
With some new ideas and features this would be a really nice game. The quality was good after all. So keep it up!

Short Super Space Loop Short Super Space Loop

That's actually pretty neat!
I like the groovy bass line and the scratch sounds! Pretty nice way of creating a groovy and weird space atmosphere! :)

My Quiet Place (Updated) My Quiet Place (Updated)

Woot, Newgrounds visuals changed! :O
Yaay, I recognize the original track! :D
I love the electronic ads to the original, the futuristic sounds are really cool. The song also has a lot of variation through-out, which makes it really neat! I love the glitchy-ness!
Very cool update!

[Knox]Sand Caves [Knox]Sand Caves

Nice :)

It has different sections that give the track some variation, so you don't get bored listening to it. I like the beat and instruments you used.
Nice song, I wouldnt mind hearing this while playing a flash game either. :P It doesn't loop too well though. O.O

Affect Flash August 2008 cover Affect Flash August 2008 cover

Wow

That's a friggin nice cover man.

Abe and a Slig in EGA Abe and a Slig in EGA

Cool!

I'm glad to see someone still remembers the old Oddworld series. <3
Also, Abe's hair reminds me of donovan's hair from Super Puzzle Fighter. xD

Holy Crab!! Holy Crab!!

Molluck! &lt;3

Yay, you don't see a whole lotta oddworld references... Neat!
The pixelated style is cool, looks like sprites. :)